Hello

I am trying to add a ternary plot as a corner inset graph to a larger
main ternary plot. I have successfully used add.scatter in the past for
different kinds of plots but It doesn't seem to work for this particular
function. It overlays the old plot rather than plotting as an inset.

Here is a simple version of what I'm trying. Note that if I change the
inset plot to be an ordinary scatter, for instance, it works as
expected.

library(ade4)
library(vcd)
tdat <- data.frame(x=runif(20), y=rlnorm(20), z=rlnorm(20))
insetPlot <- function(data){
  ternaryplot(data)
}
ternaryplot(tdat)
add.scatter(insetPlot(tdat), posi="topleft", ratio=.2)

Thanks very much,

Jennifer Young
Fisheries and Oceans Canada
jennifer.yo...@dfo-mpo.gc.ca