On 27/04/2012 9:58 AM, Petr PIKAL wrote:
Hi

Isn't possible just to change values in etc/Rconsole file?

## Colours for console and pager(s)
# (see rwxxxx/etc/rgb.txt for the known colours).
background = White
normaltext = NavyBlue
usertext = Red
highlight = DarkRed

You can customise it and keep your setting somewhere. With each new
installation just copy appropriate part aof Rconsole file and save it.

That's not necessarily the right place to look: see ?Rconsole. It will look in R_USER/Rconsole first. You can suppress
the lookup by putting --no-Rconsole on the command line.

If the original poster is finding the colours aren't working when he's sure he's got the right file, please post details.

Duncan Murdoch

Regards
Petr

>  Sorry, I don't use Windows... can't help there.
>
>  It's customary to keep cc'ing the list on these sorts of things so
>  someone with a more similar platform/ more expertise can take the
>  issue up if needed. Maybe someone else will be able to help you out.
>
>  Michael
>
>  On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 9:05 AM, geo theory<geotheo...@gmail.com>
wrote:
>  >  Hi there
>  >
>  >  Window 7. Sorry should've mentioned that.
>  >
>  >  On Fri Apr 27, 2012 at some time, Michael Weylandt wrote:
>  >  The GUI's are OS specific -- which is yours?
>  >
>  >  You might also want to check out RStudio -- also open source -- which
>  >  provides a very nice cross-platform IDE: http://rstudio.org/
>  >
>  >  There are nice coloration options (both customizable and by default)
>  >  -- I quite like the cobalt theme
>  >
>  >  Michael
>  >
>  >  On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 7:04 AM, geotheory<geotheo...@gmail.com>
wrote:
>  >>  Am encountering two related problems since the 2.15 release.
=C2=A0Apolog=
>  >  ies in
>  >>  advance for a mundane non code-related post, but you know how it is.
=C2=
http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/Rconsole-file=
>  >
-fails-to-remember-GUI-settings-and-script-window-text-colour-option-is-mis=
http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.h=