On May 10, 2012, at 5:03 AM, David Winsemius wrote:

On May 10, 2012, at 2:24 AM, maxbre wrote:

hi all

I have another question reated to the dotchart: is it possible by means of
par() to set a logaritmic scale?
If yes, how ? and if not, any alternative solution?

Looking at the dotchart code it appears to me that the log parameter to plot.window is hard-coded at "", i.e both scales are linear. Testing with the xlog parameter to par does fail. You can always define a new dochart2 on the basis of that code.

Another alternative would be lattice (a simple mod to one of its examples shows it "works"):

dotplot(variety ~ yield | site, data = barley, groups = year,
key = simpleKey(levels(barley$year), space = "right"), scales=list(x=list(log=TRUE)),
        xlab = "Barley Yield (bushels/acre) ",
        aspect=0.5, layout = c(1,6), ylab=NULL)

--

David Winsemius, MD