Hi R user,I am struggling to figure out on how I can calculate the average from
the two tables in R. Any one can help me? really your help  would be grateful-
I am spending so much time to figure it out. It should not be so hard, I think.
I have very big data but I have created a hypothetical data for simplification.
for example
I have : table 1

table 1: species occurance data

speciesX

speciesY

speciesZ

speciesXX

Plot1

1

0

1

0

Plot2

0

1

1

0

Plot3

0

0

0

1

Plot4

1

0

1

0

Table 2

table 2. species tolerance data

EnviA

EnviB

EnviC

speciesX

0.21

0.4

0.17

speciesY

0.1

0.15

0.18

speciesXX

0.14

0.16

0.19

You may noticed that table 2 does not have species Z which was in table 1.

Now I want to get the average value of species tolerance in each plot based on
each environmental value (EnviA or EnviB etc)The example of the out come (final
table I was looking for it) Results table 1a: average species tolerance in each
plot based on EnviA

Result Table 3. Average species tolerance in each plot based on EnviA

speciesX

speciesY

speciesZ

speciesXX

Average

Plot1

0.21

NA

Nodata

0.14

0.175

Plot2

NA

0.1

Nodata

NA

0.1

Plot3

NA

NA

Nodata

0.14

0.14

Plot4

0.21

NA

Nodata

NA

0.21

Result table 1b: average species tolerance in plot based on EnviB

Table 4. Average species tolerance in each plot based on EnviB

speciesX

speciesY

speciesZ

speciesXX

Average

Plot1

0.4

NA

Nodata

0.16

0.28

Plot2

NA

0.15

Nodata

NA

0.15

Plot3

NA

NA

Nodata

0.16

0.16

Plot4

0.4

NA

Nodata

NA

0.4

Would any one help me how I can calculate these?Thanks
Kristi Golver======