Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 09:29:54 -0700
From: ml-node+s789695n4629105...@n4.nabble.com
To: genome1...@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Calculating all possible ratios

        Hello,

If by all possible gene ratios you mean all pairwise column ratios, try

the following.

# Make up some data

x <- matrix(1:24, ncol=6)

cmb <- combn(ncol(x), 2)

r1 <- apply(cmb, 2, function(j) x[, j[1]]/x[, j[2]])

r2 <- apply(cmb, 2, function(j) x[, j[2]]/x[, j[1]])

cbind(r1, r2)

Note that the dataset must be a numeric only matrix or data.frame.

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas

Em 12-05-2012 11:00, [hidden email] escreveu:

> Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 12:39:23 -0700 (PDT)

> From: genome1976<[hidden email]>

> To:[hidden email]

> Subject: [R] Calculating all possible ratios

> I have a data matrix with  genes as columns and samples as rows. I want to

> create all possible gene ratios.Is there an elegant and fast way to do it in

> R and write it to a dataframe?

> Thanks for any help.

> Som.

> context:http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/Calculating-all-possible-ratios-tp4627405.html

                If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the
discussion below:

http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/Calculating-all-possible-ratios-tp4627405p4629105.html

                To unsubscribe from Calculating all possible ratios, click here.

                NAML