Dear David,

    Thank you for your time and consideration,

     My data set is Sea Surface temperature (sst) of 50 year monthly global
data (1x1 degree resolution ). My goal is to calculate the EOF1 , EOF2 &
EOF3 at each Lat-Lon location.  How to use 'princomp' command usefully to
calculate these values.

Thanking you all in advance

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 9:28 PM, David L Carlson <dcarl...@tamu.edu> wrote:

> Check the posting guidelines and give us a small reproducible example using
> dput(). It is here
>
> You say you want "PCs of a spatial data set (single variable)", but you
> must
> mean something else. It sounds like your variables are highly correlated
> with one another or you have more variables than cases. The function prcomp
> also computes PCs but it uses singular value decomposition rather than
> matrix inversion.

> David L Carlson
> Associate Professor of Anthropology
> Texas A&M University