On May 20, 2012, at 6:49 PM, barb wrote:

Hey Guys,

i am kind of confused. Under windows the system() function works great, but
not with my mac.
 I have two questions:

1) What do i have to change. Using packages which require system or
eval(parse() everything is fine, but
when i try it myself "sh: cmd: command not found"
Under windows i use e.g system('cmd /c copy "bild.jpg"',intern=FALSE )

There is no 'cmd' system function in MacOSX.

system("cp q.csv q2.csv") # succeeds in making a copy of an existing file in the working directory

2) I really love the Hmisc/latex function and want to be able to do it
myself.
   How could i save a text in my notepad as name.txt

I do not understand what the problem is. What is meant by "do it"? What is the "notepad"?

--

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT