Bert,

I AM a statistician.  Your lack of familiarity with this particular subset of
stats is no reason to insult me or my posting.

"Cost Effectiveness" is a very standard field of study in health care and
epidemiology.  The methods and models are common and well defined.  I did not
ask for help with my model, my math, or my stats.

It isn't relavant to my question to describe the entire study being performed.
My question was simply in relation to any existing packages in R that might
make the job easier.  I tend to prefer using R over myopic commercial packages
that often don't offer much more than R does.   Instead of having the
department purchase an expensive software license, I'd rather do this in R.
(You can do al most anything in R.)

--
Noah Silverman
UCLA Department of Statistics