hi ,
 I am reading a series of files by the command shown as below.
cop_x_data<-read.table(flnm(i)
,skip=2,allowEscapes=TRUE,blank.lines.skip=TRUE)
the first two line of the files are headfile and I skip them by skip=2.
and sometimes the data file is null and there is no any data
in the file except for the  head information.
At this situation,my command would be in the error and tell me that
there is not data in the file and can not go on.
How can I skip out from the null file and go on reading the files while
reading ?

I can not use to try and tryCatch ,can anyone tell me ?
thank you