Dear list,

I have a small feature request regarding the implementation of 'file.path()':

It'd be great if 'file.path()' would allow to specify an input *vector* instead of solely rely on a specification via the three dot argument.

AFAIU, currently it's only possible to "manually" specify each path component via the three dot argument:
> file.path(letters[1], letters[2], letters[3])
[1] "a/b/c"

Providing a vector object will result in the same vector being returned, instead of a slash separated scalar:
> file.path(letters[1:3])

It'd be great if the last call would have this result:
> file.path(letters[1:3])
[1] "a/b/c"

If that's already possible, I'd appreciate a pointer. If not: thanks a lot for considering this,

Best regards,
Janko