On 05.07.2012 06:45, Benjamin Dubreuil wrote:

Hi folks,

I'm experiencing some hassle to add some text on a persp plot...

Here is the code to generate the persp plot:
x <- seq(-1.95, 1.95, length = 30)
y <- seq(-1.95, 1.95, length = 30)
z <- outer(x, y, function(a,b) a*b^2)
persp(x, y, z,xlim=c(-2,2),ylim=c(-2,2),zlim=c(-8,8), phi=30,
theta=-30,nticks=8,ticktype="detailed")

I've tried the text() function  :
text(x=0,y=0,z=0,texts="O")

It returns the following error message:
Error: evaluation nested too deeply: infinite recursion / options(expressions=)?

I've seen that text3d from the rgl library could add text on a plot3d object or
a persp object.
But when I try this:
text3d(x=0,y=0,z=1,texts="O")
The result is that R opens a new window with the string "O" printed in the new
window. And no text is added to my previous persp plot.

I've seen that maybe using trans3d would help but after many tries, I gave up.
This function did not allow me to plot text with the specified coordinates.

Yes, trans3d:
 x <- seq(-1.95, 1.95, length = 30)
 y <- seq(-1.95, 1.95, length = 30)
 z <- outer(x, y, function(a,b) a*b^2)
pmat <- persp(x, y, z,xlim=c(-2,2),ylim=c(-2,2),zlim=c(-8,8), phi=30, theta=-30,nticks=8,ticktype="detailed")
 text(trans3d(0,0,0,pmat), "Hello World!")

Best,
Uwe Ligges

Any ideas on how adding some text or labels to an existing persp plot using the
coordinates I've entered?

Thanking you in anticipation.

Dubreuil Benjamin
Research Assistant in Bioinformatics
Michnick Lab - Dept of Biochemistry - Université de Montréal