Hello,
i am trying to understand the difference between S3 function print and
S4 method.

My main problem is that i need to count the environment ("frames") (i
use /eval/() afterwards with /parent.frame/() ).

If I use a S4 method/print/, a 'hidden' environment seem to appears.

It is not the case, with generic methods declared in the methods package
such as /show/ .

I would like to understand the difference and how to declare them in a
namespace (avoiding this +1 frame if possible).

Here a small example:

setClass('test',
         representation=representation(a="numeric"))

testobject <- new(Class='test', a=1)

setMethod("show",
           signature='test',
           definition=function(object){