On Fri, 20 Jul 2012, Peter Ehlers wrote:

Well, You didn't say (in your original request) that you were using
the NADA package. The function is cenboxplot() and it's just a
wrapper for boxplot() and hence passes arguments to boxplot().
Thus the solution to your problem is just to add the 'names='
argument, as in (using the example in ?cenboxplot):

 with(Golden, cenboxplot(Blood, BloodCen, DosageGroup,
              names = c("yabba", "doo")))

Peter,

  Thank you. I wrote off the top of my head and obviously missed the correct
function name.

p.s. I can sympathize with your client data troubles. 'Tis ever thus.

  Yep. They all use spreadsheets rather than databases and there's no
integrity checks. Sigh. Well, the pay's the same regardless.

Carpe weekend,

Rich