Hello R users,

I've just defended my PhD dissertation, and I'm engaging in discussions with
the "ruler lady".  She has some problems with my figures.  The problem is
that my nodes overlap the text that I've put inside of them.

Here is a url for the figure:

https://www.msu.edu/~wolfste4/igraph/sorter34_graphvfr.pdf

(As you can see, the cluster at the center left of this graph is quite
problematic.)

Also, I've got a file with the weighted adjacency matrix in it here:

https://www.msu.edu/~wolfste4/igraph/sorter34

This is the code that I'm using to make the graph:

require(igraph)

# Get weighted adjacency matrix:

fname=<sorter34 location>

load(fname)

# Now make graphs and plot them:

gg=graph.adjacency(wadj,mode="max")

V(gg)$name = 1:50

V(gg)$label = V(gg)$name

E(gg)$weight = count.multiple(gg)

gg = simplify(gg)

wt = 2*E(gg)$weight*E(gg)$weight

par(mar=c(0, 0, 0, 0))  #c(bottom, left, top, right)

l=layout.fruchterman.reingold(gg,coolexp=10)

plot.igraph(gg, layout=l, vertex.color=gray(0.8), edge.width=wt,
vertex.label.color='black',

                                edge.color=gray(0.2), vertex.label.cex=1.5,
vertex.size=12)

Thanks in advance for your help!

-Steve

Steven Wolf