On 30.07.2012 15:36, Robert Baer wrote:
On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 09:58:09 +0100 (BST) (Ted Harding)
<ted.hard...@wlandres.net> wrote:
Greetings All.
My apologies for a question whose answer is probably
readily available somewhere (for some interpetation
of "somewhere") ...

Say I have just typed (from a sheet of paper) several
lines into the R command-line, and what I see is:

chisq.test(matrix(c(3,6,3,4,4,
+                     4,1,4,6,5,
+                     2,7,4,2,5,
+                     8,2,4,4,2,
+                     3,4,5,4,4),ncol=5))

Later, I find that would like to re-input the data part
of this command ("matrix(c(...)...)"). Without the "+"
continuation prompts, it would be easy to do this by
copy&paste with the mouse in one operation. With the "+"
marks there, I have to do the copy&paste for each separate line.

So is there a way to suppress the output of the "+" at the
beginning of each continuation line?
At some level of complexity it is worth thinking of using a programming
front end to R rather than the basic GUI.  I have really benefited from
downloading RStudio myself, but there are any number of other choices
that might be suited to your needs as well. Knowing how long you have
been around this list, you probably can name more than I.

Or just see ?options and its argument "continue".

Uwe Ligges

Rob