Does anyone know of any X^2 tests to compare the fit of logistic models
which factor out the sample size? I'm dealing with a very large sample and
I fear the significant X^2 test I get when adding a variable to the model
is simply a result of the sample size (>200,000 cases).

I'd rather use the whole dataset instead of taking (small) random samples
as it is highly skewed. I've seen things like Phi and Cramer's V for
crosstabs but I'm not sure whether they have been used before on logistic
regression, if there are better ones and if there are any packages.

Many thanks

Marco