Hello, all,

First thanks in advance for helping me.

I am now handling a data frame, dimension 11095400 rows and 4 columns. It
seems work perfect in my MAC R (Mac Pro, Intel Chip with 4G RAM) until I was
trying to write this file out using the command:

write.table(all,file="~/Desktop/alex.lgen",sep="
",row.names=F,na="0",quote=F,col.names=F)

I got the error message:

R(319,0xa000d000) malloc: *** vm_allocate(size=88764416) failed (error
code=3)
R(319,0xa000d000) malloc: *** error: can't allocate region
R(319,0xa000d000) malloc: *** set a breakpoint in szone_error to debug

I then confirmed in Windows (Windows XP, 1G RAM) R by trying it again. It
seems that it has to do with my R memory limit allocation.

I read all the online help and still could not figure out the way to solve
the problem. Also I do not understand why the data could be easily handled
within R but could not write out due to the insufficient memory. I am not
good at both R and computers.  Sorry for my naive questions if it sounds
bothersome.

--
Xiaojing WANG
Dept. of Human Genetics