On 10.08.2012 22:59, sharx wrote:
Hi, I have researched batch mode for windows and could not find anything that
worked.
I know the code should be

$ R CMD BATCH inputfile.R outputfile.Rout
or
R <inputfile.R > outputfile.Rout

Almost right, see below.

I tried these without success. I need detailed, step by step instructions on
how to do this. I have tried typing  C:\R\bin\x64\Rgui.exe before it, but
this just opens R.

When I tried to do this, it said that $

$ indicates you shoudl thpy in the OS shell. Do not repeat that one when typing commands.

, R, etc. are not recognizable

In that case, you have not added the directory where R.exe lives to the PATH environment variable.

Uwe Ligges

commands. In other instances it said that the arguments R, CMD, and BATCH
were ignored. What specifically should I do to make this work?  I thought I
was supposed to change the directory to the folder where my input file was
stored, but this did not work either.