I may be out of line here, but I fail to see what on earth this has to do
with R and why this thread should be continued here.

I appreciate the fact that there is no maliciousness involved, but the
danger of such off topic discussions (imho, of course) is that it dilutes
the purpose and value of R-help and wastes time and energy. So may I plea
to keep discussions here on topic and move this to private or one of the
innumerable ergonomics sites on the web.

Thank you.

-- Bert

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 9:16 AM, Keith Jewell <k.jew...@campden.co.uk> wrote:

> When I suffered from wrist pain I found changing from a standard mouse to
> a cordless trackball gave rapid and complete relief.
>
> Your mileage may vary.
>
> Keith J
>
>  I think I've avoided tendonitis by carefully stretching the affected
>> area when I begin to feel discomfort and, as John suggests, "Carefully
>> watch posture and arm/hand actions to reduce strain".
>>
>> Clint Bowman INTERNET: cl...@ecy.wa.gov
>> Air Quality Modeler INTERNET: cl...@math.utah.edu
>> Department of Ecology VOICE: (360) 407-6815
>> PO Box 47600 FAX: (360) 407-7534
>> Olympia, WA 98504-7600
>>
>> USPS: PO Box 47600, Olympia, WA 98504-7600
>> Parcels: 300 Desmond Drive, Lacey, WA 98503-1274
>>
>> On Tue, 4 Sep 2012, John Kane wrote:
>>
>>  I've come close a couple of times. Solutions: don't use computer-not
>>> always practical. Carefully watch posture and arm/hand actions to
>>> reduce strain.
>>>
>>> If do a lot of keyboarding not just R type look into using a Dvoark
>>> keyboard.
>>>
>>> Something I have not done but which is likely to help is consult your
>>> institutions health and safety people about solutions such as
>>> ergonomic keyboards etc.
>>>
>>> John Kane
>>> Kingston ON Canada

Bert Gunter