On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 8:58 AM, Krzysztof Mitko <kmi...@mm.st> wrote:

> On 2012-09-20 21:34, Trevor Jenkins wrote:
> > Several years ago there were R implementations of a socio-linguistics
> > analysis method called Variable Rule Analysis namely rbrul and r-varb.
> Both
> > neither of the sites listed (in the method's WikiPedia page
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variable_rules_analysis ) appear to be
> online
> > any more (one was at UPenn and the other at Indiana). Does anyone know a)
> > whether the code for either or both of these implementations survives out
> > there and b) is anyone maintaining these implementations?
> >
> > There are no listings for either of them at R Forge. And no listing for
> > varbrul, which is the name for the original Fortran program. (Even that
> > Fortran source can't be found online anymore.)
>
> There's a page dedicated to Rbrul:
> <http://www.danielezrajohnson.com/rbrul.html>

That's the one! Thanks.

My googlations did not produce that as a hit, so much for using a
non-deterministic text retrieval system.

Thanks again.

Now to see if I can find r-varb too. Maybe I should be more persisent in
using Google and redo the search multiple times in the hope of hitting the
right time slice.

Regards, Trevor.

<>< Re: deemed!