Dear colleagues:

I am working with binary mixed models using lme4 package and everything works
fine until I try to spatialize the fitted models using grids predictors. I have
used the "predict" function from RASTER package and the RSAGA functionalities,
but always I have the same error: "Error in object$xlevels : $ operator not
defined for this S4 class".

I think the problem comes from the slot (@) used in lme4 for values derived
from fitted models. In other mixed models (gausssian) from nlme package, the
slots are $ and the "predict" function works fine. How do you think can I solve
this problem?' Is there any other function or package to make grid maps from
fitted glmer models?

These are the command lines and error message:

fitted_glmer_geo<-predict(grid_stack, fitted_glmer, type="response")
Error in object$xlevels : $ operator not defined for this S4 class

Thanks in advance, and my best regards,

Olga

Olga Viedma Sillero
Profesora Ordenacion del Territorio
Departamento Ciencias Ambientales
Facultad Ciencias del Medio Ambiente
Avd/ Carlos III, s/n 45071 Toledo (Spain)
email: olga.vie...@uclm.es
Tel: 925-268800 (ext. 5469)
Tel movil: 675 880 297