Prof. Paul,  Prof. Frank.

Thank you very much for helping me out. The Design package did the
trick.

Here is how the anova table looks like without using the Design package:

> anova(Fit1)
Analysis of Deviance Table
Cox model: response is Surv(Time, cancer)
Terms added sequentially (first to last)

            Df Deviance Resid. Df Resid. Dev
NULL                              16783     5341.8
relativ        1        0.0     16782    14995.0
hormone    3    939.4     16779    14055.6
.
.
.

As you see, no p-values reported

Here is how it looks with after implementing Design:

> anova(Fit1)
                 Wald Statistics          Response: Surv(Time, cancer)
 Factor     Chi-Square d.f. P
 relativ         6.08       1   0.0137
 hormone     8.68       3   0.0339
.