 To: joeclar...@hotmail.com
CC: r-help@r-project.org
Subject: RE: [R] How to use Lines function to draw the error bars?
From: liang....@us.pwc.com
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 17:00:56 -0400

thank you all

plotCI is probably the closest to what
I wanted to do -- draw the Confidence Interval curves around the fitted
values (fit)

but I got the following wrong message
while I tried plotCI?

Error in plotCI(x = 1:15, y = fit, ui
= upr, li = lwr) :

  object 'upr' not found

From:
 Joseph Clark <joeclar...@hotmail.com>

To:
 Liang Che/US/TLS/PwC@Americas-US,
<r-help@r-project.org>

Date:
 10/08/2012 04:03 PM

   RE: [R] How
to use Lines function to draw the error bars?

I typically use the function "plotCI"
from the "plotrix" package for confidence intervals or error
bars.

The code would be:

library(plotrix)

plotCI( x=1:15, y=fit, ui=upr, li=lwr)

// joseph w. clark , visiting research associate

\\ university of nebraska at omaha - school of IS&T

> To: r-help@r-project.org

> From: liang....@us.pwc.com

> Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 15:11:53 -0400

> Subject: [R] How to use Lines function to draw the error bars?

> fit lwr upr

> 1 218.4332 90.51019 346.3561

> 2 218.3906 90.46133 346.3198

> 3 218.3906 90.46133 346.3198

> 4 161.3982 44.85702 277.9394

> 5 192.4450 68.39903 316.4909

> 6 179.8056 56.49540 303.1158

> 7 219.5406 91.52707 347.5542

> 8 162.6761 46.65760 278.6945

> 9 193.8506 70.59838 317.1029

> 10 181.3816 58.11305 304.6502

> 11 221.2871 92.14366 350.4305

> 12 164.2947 47.91081 280.6785

> 13 195.3415 72.04109 318.6418

> 14 182.7447 58.68660 306.8028

> 15 222.5223 91.86550 353.1791

> I have tried

> new<-data.frame(newdata$Unemployment)

> prd<-predict.lm(fit,newdata,interval=c("confidence"),level=0.95)

> lines (new,prd[,3],col="red",lty=2)

> but it didn't give me anything.

> thanks

> The information transmitted, including any attachments, is intended
dissemination
or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information
by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited,
and all liability arising therefrom is disclaimed. If you received this
in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.
PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP is a Delaware limited liability partnership.
This communication may come from PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP or one of its
subsidiaries.

> [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

The information transmitted, including any attachments, is intended only for
the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential