> It **might** also help the OP clarify his intent in
> exactly the way you describe (or not).

My intent is to perform a linear regression on a metric dependent variable.
Unfortunately, two key assumptions - normal distribution and
homoscedasticity - cannot be met.

I read that using a robust regression is the way to go in this case, and I
wanted to ask whether this is possible in R, and if so, whether there is a
robust regression that can handle the lack of both assumptions.

On top of that, I get different results using the Huber and Bisquare
weighting functions, and don't know what that implies.

Thanks