Like all learning- you have to learn how to think like the people that
create: language, poem, song, etc.  In my own learning curve I have found
that I am too often popping emails off to the list when in an hour or so I
can figure out what was troubling me (using the provided examples).  This
may be a documentation issues or it may be that the R project is populated
by the intelligent (myself excluded), and the only way to augment my own
intelligence is to figure it out.   With all of this said, R is not
intuitive at first, but the logic is becoming easier for me as I plug away.
I am not sure whether the documentation is at fault or my biology brain.
German was a whole lot easier than R, but everybody knows how to talk to
other people- not everybody knows how to talk to computers.   R is open
source which is good for science,  and enough documentation  is there to get
the underlying theory behind the algorithm- it is "figuroutable" and
transparent so that methodology and results can be validated or falsified by
the curious.  I offer any assistance in documentation remediation if it is
deemed useful.
to the stubborn go the spoils

Stephen

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 8:20 PM, esmail bonakdarian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Thank you Rob, I just downloaded it and it looks very useful.
>
> In the meantime I think I solved my immediate problem (and while
> pluggin' away also deepened my understanding - or so I will at least
> claim :-)
>
> Esmail
>
> > I don't know if you will find this helpful, but one of the better online
> > chapters on R Data Objects that I've found is by Tomas Aragon
> > and Wayne Enanoria.  Among other nice attributes it has some tables that
> > summarize improtant functions for working with different data objects.
> > The URL is:
> > http://www.medepi.net/epir/epir_chap02.pdf
> >

> > Rob Baer

> Pack up or back up–use SkyDrive to transfer files or keep extra copies.
> Learn how.
>
> sh_skydrive_packup_042008

Let's not spend our time and resources thinking about things that are so
little or so large that all they really do for us is puff us up and make us
feel like gods. We are mammals, and have not exhausted the annoying little
problems of being mammals.

-K. Mullis