Hello, I'm trying to take a PPS systematic sample of a data set, and I've
gotten stuck at the last point. I have selection numbers, and just need to
pick out the units whose cumulative size are the least upper bounds of
these numbers

This is as close as I've gotten:

selected<-array(dim=c(97,4))
for (i in 1:97){
selected[i,]<-data[which.min(data$X-selectionnumber[i]),]
}

The problem here is that I want to pick out the upper bound, not the
minimizer (the data$X value could be larger than my selection number). Is
there a good function in R that could easily replace the which.min, or a
better way to approach this? Thanks!