I have 3 variables relating to the successful introductions of species
to 95 different areas: introduction frequency; number of successes pre
1906; number of successes post 1906

The data are not normal, nor homo-skedatic, so I am using non-parametric
statistics.

I have calculated Kendall's tau between both introduction & successes
pre 1906 (tau=0.3903) and introduction & successes post 1906
(tau=0.3317)- pre + post values are independent.

Is it possible to test whether there is a significant difference between
the tau values, ie one correlation is 'significantly' 'better'? Is there
a way to calculate confidence intervals for tau?

Thanks,

Gail

Dr. Gail Ashton

Post-Doctoral Fellow

Marine Invasions Research Group

Smithsonian Environmental Research Centre