Hello again,

I have another question related to parsing a very large xml file with SAX:
what kind of data structure should I favor? Unlike using DOM function that
can return lists of relevant nodes and let me use various versions of
'apply', the SAX parsing returns me one thing at a time.

I first tried to simply append to simple solution of appending to lists as
I get the data. But I very soon realized that this is way too slow.
Then I tried pre-declaring large data.frames of NA and populating them with
[[<-.data.frame. But this is quite slow too.
I then tried pre-declaring large matrix of NA and populating them with [<-.
This is better... but still unmanageable as xml files become large.
I also tried using an environment as a hash structure:

, but realized that this is simple on the programmer, but stalls the
parsing.
I then tried to