Is it possible to retrieve sums of squared loadings after applying varimax
rotation?

Here's the setup to my problem:

I ran PCA using prcomp(). I then applied the Kaiser criterion to retain
only the components having eigenvalues >= 1. (I know there's debate about
the wisdom of that criterion, but I don't want to get sucked into that.) I
then fed the reduced set of components to varimax() to simplify the
components. (I know there's debate about that as well, but that's also
irrelevant in this case.)

What I'd like to do is obtain the post-rotation sums of squared loadings
(eigenvalues). I know the original eigenvalues can be obtained by squaring
what's reported in the sdev vector, but I'm lost on how to get them after
rotation. I've been searching for hours to no avail. Any ideas?

Thanks :)

Eric