On 15/11/2012 2:21 PM, C W wrote:
Dear list,
I am trying to look at the function inside a package.  I know that
methods() would do the trick, but what if the function is hidden?  I have a
problem displaying the hidden function.

Say, for example the MCMC package.  How do you view the code of that
function?

You can use the prefix MCMC:::foo to display the foo function from MCMC, whether or not it is exported.

Duncan Murdoch

something like this:

> which

function (x, arr.ind = FALSE, useNames = TRUE)

{

     wh <- .Internal(which(x))

     if (arr.ind && !is.null(d <- dim(x)))

         arrayInd(wh, d, dimnames(x), useNames = useNames)

     else wh

}

<bytecode: 0x1021eef50>

<environment: namespace:base>