Specifying n >1 chains is not enough. You need some parallel backend. You
can use snow/snowfall or doMC (these are R libraries) for example. Maybe
others, google is your friend. Word of caution about doMC (maybe also
snowfall, never tested it), you might need to specify RNG (seed, sampler)
for each chain in the starting values list because once you split your job,
each core "thinks" you are running just one chain and they all choose
"Wichmann-Hill" with the same .Random.seed and you get 4 copies of the same
chain. With different *parameter* starting values this might not be such a
big deal for you, it depends on your application, just thought I'll mention
it. See jags manual and ?RNG.
Good luck