One thing that I do when I have a long script is to put "progress"
and also print out the current CPU and memory usage so I can also
isolate where potential problems might be.  This will help narrow down
the section of code where the error occurred.  Are you also running
with

options(error=utils::recover)

so that when the error occurs, you get the stack and current
environment so that debugging is easier?

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 4:22 PM, Worik R <wor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to get a line number with an error report?
>
> I have a long script and an error:
>
> Error in `[.xts`(x, xsubset) : subscript out of bounds
>

> It would be very helpful, and save a lot of time, if there was some
> indication in the error message which line the error was.
>
> I can find it using binary search but that is a painful process.
>
> cheers
> Worik

Jim Holtman
Data Munger Guru