On Dec 5, 2012, at 10:21 AM, Alicia Ellis wrote:

I'm having trouble loading Ryacas. I've downloaded and extracted Ryacas 0.2-9 (also tried Ryacas ) and yacas 1.0.63, have the latest version of R and have tried the following (this works for installing other packages):

install.packages("Ryacas")
library(Ryacas)
install.packages("yacas")

Yacas is an external program and on the Mac (and Linux) needs to be installed outside of R.

library(yacas)

and get this:
Warning message:
package ‘yacas’ is not available (for R version 2.15.2)

Got the same thing for R version 2.15.1.

Suggestions?  I'm fairly new to R and could use some detailed
instructions.  Working on Mac OSx 10.8.2

Thanks!
--
Alicia Ellis
Postdoc