Thank you so much. All the answers lead me to BioConductor and Task Views. Currently, I've not a precise task to solve, but I do need to draw a landscape about this topic. Your messages have helped a lot.

I don't know why, but I don't reach BioConductor website by googling or searchmashing.

Cheers,

Ricardo.

bartjoosen wrote:
I'm not sure what you are trying to do with R, but maybe you should take a
look at the Task Views and see if there is something you can use at your
field of work:
http://www.stats.bris.ac.uk/R/web/views/

Bart

--