Dear Duncan

Sorry if I’m not ment to contact you with this through this channel... I’m
a complete newbie in asking things about r packages...

But anyways, just let me know if I’m in the wrong place here!

My problem is concerning scatter3d (rgl, Rcmdr... I guess (hope) I’m at least
right that you’re the man for this packages...).

Actually everything works out fine, let’s say perfect, it’s really fun to
work with this packages.
But as soon as I try to label my axes I’m getting into problems...:
Whenever I try to use a german umlaut  (“a/o/u with dots (on top)”) my rgl
crashes, saying: “Java™ Platform SE binary is not working anymore
(translated from german...)”. (It works when I replace an “a with dot” by
“ae”...)

Do you have a clou whats going wrong here (or where I should ask something like
this?)

Thanks anyway!
Best,
Tobias Kisch

P.S.:
Here’s what made in R (ignore the path, data and variables...)

library(rgl)
library(Rcmdr)
library(mgcv)

setwd("C:\\Users\\KIT\\Documents\\Eclipse\\workspace\\StatKtZH\\R\\data")
bivmod <-
read.csv("C:\\Users\\KIT\\Documents\\Eclipse\\workspace\\StatKtZH\\R\\data\\sozialhilfe1.csv",
 header=TRUE, sep=";")
attach(bivmod)

scatter3d(shq~expatr_per + unimpl_per, fit="linear", xlab="Sozialhilfequote",
ylab="Arbeitslosenrate", zlab="Auslaenderanteil")

scatter3d(shq~expatr_per + unimpl_per, fit="linear", xlab="Sozialhilfequote",
ylab="Arbeitslosenrate", zlab="Ausländeranteil")