Hi:

I am trying to query pubmed abstracts using the following syntax:

url= "http://eutils.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/eutils/esearch.fcgi?";

search = paste(url, "db=pubmed&term=", queryTerm1, "+AND+",
queryTerm2,"+OR+",queryTerm3, "+OR+", queryTerm4,
"[abstract]&retmax=100&usehistory=y", sep="")

docId <- xmlTreeParse(getURL(paste(url, search, sep="")),
useInternalNodes=TRUE)

I want to fetch abstracts containing queryTerm1 AND queryTerm2
Or queryTerm3 OR queryTerm4. The code runs without error, but from the
result I find that conjunction and disjunction is not working. Can anyone
suggest a correct  syntax for doing AND and OR pubmed query?

Thanks
John