Is there a way to limit the tweets by date so that I can do multiple calls
to get the required number of tweets? For example, something in the lines
of:

police<-userTimeline('@**nswpolice',n=1000,since="01/12/2012",
to="01/01/2013")  #first call
police<-userTimeline('@**nswpolice',n=1000,since="01/11/2012",