Hello Ramiro,

I am still not sure why do you need to encrypt/decrypt data in R.
One can encrypt/decrypt data in the SQL server side.

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/encryption-functions.html

If your concern is on the web traffic, again, sql servers supports SSL

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/ssl-connections.html

I think RMySQL can connect via SSL. Also you may consider RCurl to talk to
your php code.

Best,
-m