Hello,

I am trying to get the power function to report the sample size rather than the
power. My goal is to input a variety of values for theta and then for the power
function to report the corresponding sample sizes. I haven't had much luck
trying to create my own function, something along the lines of:

f <- function (x) {
power(N=z,a=6,f=6,pi=.5,alpha=.1,t0=10,theta=(1/x),CIFev0=.476,CIFcr0=0))=0.8
read(z)
}

In the above example, I am trying to fix the power at 0.80 and solve for z,
which is the sample size. I would like x to be a random distribution of thetas.
For instance:

x=rnorm(30,.5,.2)

and then receive the 30 corresponding sample sizes.

Thank you!