On 11/01/2013 01:50, Rolf Turner wrote:

Some while ago I posted a problem on this list concerning a failure of
R CMD check on one of my packages that resulted from LaTeX being
unable to find the "inconsolata" font.  This was under the Ubuntu OS.

This was solved, thanks to advice I got from this list, basically by
doing

     sudo apt-get install texlive-fonts-extra

I am now (for reasons which I won't go into) running Fedora 17, on a
different computer.  Now LaTeX cannot find the necessary inconsolata.sty
file.

I googled around a bit, and an item I found led me to check whether I
actually had texlive installed on my (new) system.  I hadn't!!!  So I did

     sudo yum install texlive

and that seemed to work.  But then the item I'd found indicated that I
should do

     sudo yum install texlive-inconsolata, texlive-inconsolata-font

But I got:

No package texlive-inconsolata, available.
No package texlive-inconsolata-font available.

I also tried

     sudo yum install texlive-fonts-extra

with a similar result.

Can anyone give me a simple recipe as to how to get the inconsolata font
and the associated inconsolata.sty?

Install texlive 2012. The texlive version in Fedora (<= 17, and 17 is the current release with 18 having been delayed yet again) is many years out of date (2007: this is 2013!), and you will save yourself a lot of other problems.

Thanks.

     cheers,

         Rolf Turner

Brian D. Ripley,                  rip...@stats.ox.ac.uk