On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 1:59 AM, ronny <ronny.recht...@evogene.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using levelplot, and would like remove from each panel (condition) its
> unused x levels.

Uneven scales on categorical axes lead to distortion and a miss
representation (as in your example - the area for levels 4,6 in vs1 will be
bigger than for vs0). In short, don't do it. IMO a solution such as
levelplot(mpg ~ factor(cyl) * factor(gear) | factor(vs) , mtcars,
par.settings=list(panel.background=list(col='grey')))

is much better. Note, your request could make sense for some continuous
variables, so if you insist you could always
levelplot(mpg ~ as.numeric(cyl) * factor(gear) | factor(vs) , mtcars,
scales=list(x=list(relation='free')))

HTH