If you send your questions as email (from your email client) to r-help@r-project.org you should have fewer problems. (you might want to learn to post in plain text, too.)

--
David

On Feb 1, 2013, at 7:58 PM, rachel buxton wrote:

Hi there,

Just wondering why my post was rejected?

cheers
Rachel

Subject: repeating autocovariate functions
From: r-help-ow...@r-project.org
To: moy...@hotmail.com
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 02:56:27 +0100

Message rejected by filter rule match

--Forwarded Message Attachment--
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 17:56:14 -0800
From: moy...@hotmail.com
To: r-help@r-project.org

Hi there,

I would like to repeat an autocovariate term calculation using 30 different neighborhood sizes. Then I would like to run a nominal logistic regression on the generated autocovariate values and their respective neighborhood sizes to see which would be most appropriate to use in the final calculation
of my autocovariate term.

I have a matrix of x,y values:
x       y
174.7173        -35.967
174.7166        -35.9649
174.7174        -35.968
174.7418        -35.9678
174.741 -35.9672
174.7395        -35.9671
(and 150 more)

To calculate the autocovariate terms my code is as follows:
library(spdep)
Taranga <- read.csv(file.choose()) #contains xy coordinates
xy <- cbind(Taranga$x, Taranga$y)
acinvb <- autocov_dist(Taranga$burrows.pa, xy, nbs=1,zero.policy = TRUE,
type="inverse")
datfrm <- data.frame(autocov=acinvb, nbs=1)
write.table(dfrm, file = 'results.csv',sep=",",row.names = FALSE)

acinva <- autocov_dist(Taranga$burrows.pa, xy, nbs=100,zero.policy = TRUE,
type="inverse")
dfrm <-data.frame(autocov=acinva, nbs=100)
names(datfrm) <- NULL
write.table(datfrm, file = 'results.csv',sep=",",append=TRUE, row.names =
FALSE, col.names=FALSE)

I want to repeat this function, each time adding 100 to "nbs"

Then I will run a model from the resulting "results.csv"

thanks in advance for any insight!

Rachel

David Winsemius, MD
Alameda, CA, USA