I installed R on my Windows laptop in C:\Program Files\R\R-2.15.2

and am able to open RGUI  (640bit), see packages and run commands. However,
when I test the installation and run the basic tests and all the tests on
the standard and recommended packages i.e.:

      library("tools")

      testInstalledBasic("both")

      testInstalledPackages("base", errorsAreFatal = FALSE)

      testInstalledPackages("recommended", errorsAreFatal = FALSE)

I am getting errors such as:

 > testInstalledPackages("base",errorsAreFatal=FALSE)

 Error in setwd(outDir) : cannot change working directory

my working driectory is:

>getwd()

[1] "C:/Users/jpapa/Documents"
 In which I see R folder as well as the .rData from my last session.

what does the wd have to do with the output directory? Do  I need to create
an output directory? DO I need to setwd(outDir)?

do i need to change the wd (for example to the Pogram Files directory where
R is installed or to another directory I need to create? if so, how do I do
this?

i also noticed that i have packages in

\library ‘C:/Users/jpapa/Documents/R/win-library/2.15’

and in library ‘C:/Program Files/R/R-2.15.2/library’.

Do all packages need to be in one place? If so, should they be in my
Documents or in Program Files?

Thank you for your help.