Hello,

I tried to manipulate the order of boxplots using the "reorder" below and
worked.

However, please kindly advise how to specify the colors of each boxplot
(bird group),
like red, green, and blue, from the left to the right.
Thanks again.

code
 bwplot(GE_distance~OF, data=dataN,
    index.cond  =  function(x,  y)  mean(y),
    xlab=list("Taxonomy  group", cex = 1.6),
    prepanel = function(x,  y)  {
        list(xlim = levels(reorder(x,  y)))
    },
    panel = function(x, y,  ...)  {
        panel.bwplot(reorder(x, y),y,   ...)
    })

data

migration distance (km)    bird group

10987                                      Charadriiformes

9867                                        Charadriiformes

8702                                        Charadriiformes

9432                                        Charadriiformes

9054                                        Charadriiformes

5087                                       Falconiiformes

5783                                       Falconiiformes

5298                                        Falconiiformes

5687                                       Falconiiformes

3987                                        Gruiformes

3298                                        Gruiformes

3567                                        Gruiformes

3409                                        Gruiformes

3321                                        Gruiformes

3598                                        Gruiformes