I am having difficulty getting the dynamic tree cut package to work.

Given the data table "myddtable"
LengthPlaceColorAge5HRed224ABlue205WGreen243GRed222GBlue236WGreen255ARed194H
Blue23
I created a similarity matrix using DAISY and Gower metric and specified
Place and Color columns as characters (since they are categorical variables)

> dd.daisy<-daisy(myddtable, metric = "gower", stand = FALSE, type =
list(character=c("Place","Color")))

Then I clustered using DIANA
dd.diana<-diana(dd.daisy)
I am trying to cutreeDynamic {dynamicTreeCut} as follows

cutreeDynamic(dd.diana, cutHeight = 2, minClusterSize = 1, method =
"hybrid",+               distM = dd.daisy,+               deepSplit =
(ifelse(method=="hybrid", 1, FALSE)),+               maxCoreScatter =
NULL, minGap = NULL,+               maxAbsCoreScatter = NULL,
minAbsGap = NULL,+               maxDistToLabel = cutHeight,+
     respectSmallClusters = TRUE, +               verbose = 2, indent
= 0)

But get the following error:

Warning in if (class(dendro) != "hclust") stop("Argument dendro must
have class hclust.") :
  the condition has length > 1 and only the first element will be
usedError in cutreeDynamic(dd.diana, cutHeight = 2, minClusterSize =
1, method = "hybrid",  :
  Argument dendro must have class hclust.

Is this trying to tell me I cannot use this with DIANA but only with hclust?

Please tell me what I am doing wrong.

Thank you.

*Joanna *