Nicole,

Since you seem more interested in accusing David of being rude than
recognizing your own rudeness and taking steps to overcome that and
increase your chance of getting useful responses I will quote a few lines
from the posting guide for you (the entire posting guide is available from
the link at the bottom of this and every R-help post):

 "Like many responses posted on the list, it is written in a concise
manner. This is not intended to be unfriendly - it is more a consequence of
allocating the limited available time and space to technical issues rather
than to social niceties."

"Remember that customs differ. Some people are very direct. Others surround
everything they say with hedges and apologies. Be tolerant. Rudeness is
never warranted, but sometimes `read the manual' *is* the appropriate
response."

"No HTML posting (harder to detect spam) (note that this is the default in
some mail clients - you may have to turn it off)."

"at a minimum, copy and paste the output from sessionInfo() into your
message"

I see attempts to help you in David's posts, I see very little in your

Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
538...@gmail.com