Hi there,

I am trying to read SAS dataset into R and have observed some weird behaviors.

Here is my setting.  I copied retail.sas7bdat from sashelp and placed it in my
test directory C:\Temp.

In R, I submitted the following command
>read.ssd("C:/Temp", "retail", sascmd="C:/Program
>Files/SAS/SASFoundation/9.2/sas.exe")

The data has been read correctly.  But when I changed "retail" to a different
sas dataset in the same directory, I received the following message:

SAS failed.  SAS program at
C:\Users\wuj12\AppData\Local\Temp\RtmpoSwBE7\file542c5039.sas
The log file will be file542c5039.log in the current directory
Warning messages:
1: In file.symlink(oldPath, linkPath) :
  symlinks are not supported on this platform
2: In read.ssd("C:/Temp", "meth_comp2", sascmd = "C:/Program
Files/SAS/SASFoundation/9.2/sas.exe") :
  SAS return code was 2

Why does R act differently for the different sas datasets? They are created at
the same platform.  Can anybody share some insights on this?

Thanks

Juan Wu
Biostatistics

Roche Diagnostics
Professional Diagnostics Clinical Operations
Phone: +1 317-521-2396
Mobile: +1 317-363-2875
Email:  juan...@roche.com<mailto:juan...@roche.com>