On 3/5/2013 12:51 AM, Ingo Reinhold wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to use the data which I generate within R to make images in .bmp
format to be lateron printed by a printer.

My first thought was the RImageJ package, but this seems to be discontinued. What I am
currently doing is generating a matrix of grey values, which needs to be parsed into the
right image format. Is anyone aware of a package or rather "easy" way to
generate these images using R?
Sorry to hear this about RImageJ. I did find that old versions are still available in the repository archive: http://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/Archive/RImageJ/

Some of the capabilities you might be looking for are available in EBImage on Bioconductor, but I don't remember specifically whether the .bmp format was supported.

Rob
Many thanks,

Ingo

Robert W. Baer, Ph.D.
Professor of Physiology
Kirksille College of Osteopathic Medicine
A. T. Still University of Health Sciences
Kirksville, MO 63501 USA