Dear Helpers of R,

I was wondering if you can help me with a few question about the program. I
was trying create an expression file from my CEL files and I came upon an
error stating that I had not enough memory and to see help(memory.size).
>From reading the help txt it seems that my max memory allocation has been
reached. I am thinking, this is also why my computer freezes sometimes when
I am running a data set that contains over 75 CEL files. Is there a way to
solve this issue?

Furthermore, my lab is thinking of purchasing new computers because our PC
are kind of old and we were thinking of upgrading to macs. However, before
we do this, I wanted to know what are the limitation to R (ie. is it just
memory or are there other issues) and even if we purchase macs with 4GB of
memory would this solve our memory problem and be able to handle large
amount of data sets.

I would really appreciate it if someone can please help me out. I don't know
many people that uses R at UCSD so it would help to talk to someone who
knows the program.

Thank you so much,
Qin J. Gao