Hello everybody

I have the following problem. I have to load a number of xls files from
different folders (each xls file has the same number of columns, and
different numbers of rows). Each xls file is named with a number, i.e.
12345.xls and is contained in a folder with same name, say 12345)

Once loaded, I want to rbind all of them to obtain a single database.

I think I successfully did the first part, using "assign":

for (i in lista_rea_c){

name=paste("reaNum",i,sep="",collapse=NULL)

assign(name,read.xlsx(file=paste(path,i,"/",i,".xls",sep="",collapse=NULL),1,header=TRUE,as.data.frame=TRUE))

}

where lista_rea_c contains the "numbers" and is obtained
as: lista_rea_c = list.files(path = "/Users/mario/Dropbox/..., and path is
defined elsewhere
At this point I have a number of variables, names as "reaNum12345" ecc.

I would like to rbind all of them, but what I get is that I rbind
"reaNum12345", i.e. the variable name and not the data it contains.

Can anyone help?

thanks!
Mario

PLEASE NOTICE NEW EMAIL ADDRESS AND HOME PAGE URL

Andrea Mario Lavezzi
Dipartimento di Studi su Politica, Diritto e Società
Università di Palermo
Piazza Bologni 8
90134 Palermo, Italy
tel. ++39 091 23892208